cheap disc itself, so protect your purchases with ease. View all the details of this update and all the features included in this latest 4.70 CFW release.
4.70 FERROX 1.01 Changes:
- NEW - Lv2: Removed all unnecessary Patch.
- NEW - FEATURE: Disabled Cinavia protection.
- Built on an OFW 4.70
- Disabled the CoreOS and control ECDSA
- LV1: patched to remove protection LV2
- LV1: patched CoreOS Hash Check (prevents brick consoles downgradate not dehashed)
- LV1: Peek & Poke
- LV2: Peek & Poke
- Compatibility PS2 Games
- Compatibility PSP Remastered
- Compatibility PSP Minis
- Key 4.70 (start games with keys 4.70 EBOOT / sprx)
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- RSOD Screen Bypass for consoles suffering from RSOD
- BT Remote PS3 patch
- PS3 BluRay DISC patch
- Compatibility with the latest version of REACTPSN
- App_home / PS3_GAME *
- Install Package Files *
- Ability to Downgrade from OFW 3:55 with QA activated.
- Upgradable from any CFW's
- Support XMB InGame ScreenShot Feature
- Support Remote Play Feature
- Stability as nell'OFW 4.70
- Ability to downgrade from any custom firmware with QA activated.
Installed either by XMB or by Recovery Menu. Remove (Eject) any Disc from PS3 before proceeding.
After installation, enter Recovery and restore the file system to prevent various malfunctions.
For now the only Homebrew Manager is functioning is GameSonic Manager.v3.59.1. It has incorporated the latest Payload Fixati from Habib.
For games like COD: Ghost that give black screen, when you can start them in ISO. The problem is caused by the current Backup Manager
Some General Tips about CFW installations
- Remove any Physical Game Disc from the PlayStation 3 Disc Drive (Otherwise the PUP (OFW) from the PS3 Disc will be installed and you will lose your jailbreak.
- Unmount actual game.This really important for example, cobra systems with webMAN, because webMAN mounts last played game on boot. If an Update folder exist in that game. It will install the official firmware
- ALWAYS verify the PUP's MD5 to be sure the file is not corrupted and in it's original state (There are some fakes out there that are OFW, so never trust a title and get the MD5 from trust sources like PSX-Place.com
- DISABLE any CFW Spoofs, before update
- Turn off internet connections when updating CFW's.( Wifi and Ethernet cable.)
- If you do not own a HARDWARE FLASHER or have the means to recover from a possible brick. DO NOT RUSH to install a CFW / MFW Release. Allow the community to conduct test as some CFW do not get proper testing and even ones that do some models can act differently so its best to give it at least a 3 day wait. Usually brick reports happen the first 24-48 Hours.
- It's good practice to QA Flag your console. before installing a new CFW.
- Always a good idea to dump your eid_root_key (see link for additional information)
- Can be useful to take 1 or 2 dumpsof youflashafter a successful upgrade.These dumps are useful (with a hardware flasher) when Downgrading a console from an accidental OFW update and also when recovering from a Bricked console
- Backup your Game Savesand edat/rif files to a pendrive, external HDD or FTP to PC.
USE ANY CFW AT YOUR RISK